Terms and Conditions
www.optiva.co.uk is a site operated by Optiva limited (“We”). We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07819890 and registered office at 2 Priory Court, Buttermarket Street, Warrington WA1 2NP. Our VAT number is 124 9244 20. Should you have other questions or concerns about these terms and conditions, please contact us or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please review the following terms and conditions prior to using our site. Any use of our site and its content is subject to the following terms and conditions. Your use of our site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Don’t use our site if you don’t agree with these terms and conditions. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future use.
By accessing, browsing and/or using the Website you acknowledge to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms. By using our site the user waives any rights or claims it may have against us. You may not alter, change, modify or adapt our site in any way.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to our site
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users' needs and our business priorities.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- How you may use material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Do not rely on information on this site
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitation of liability
Except as specifically stated on our site, neither Optiva Limited nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable arising out of or in connection with the use, or inability to use, our site or any inaccuracies or typographical errors in the content displayed on our site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of or related to third parties.
- We do not make any representations for other websites that you may access through our site.
- Under no circumstance shall we be liable to any party for any indirect, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, any lost profits, sales, business or revenue, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data or similar, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation) for any use of our site, or any other hyperlinked website.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors of for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a consumer, nothing in these terms will affect your statutory rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
The trademarks, service marks, and logos used and displayed on our site are either the UK registered Trademarks of Optiva Limited (our “Trademarks”) or, where other product and company names are mentioned, these may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.